Saturday, August 18, 2012

meatballs

Friends of ours had made the most delicious meatballs, so I thought I would try out the recipe. The boys love to help, and I like to let them as often as I can.  Both boys had just taken a bath and were SHOCKED that I wanted them to stick their clean hands into all that messy food.

It was cute to see them mixing it all up. They each had different methods. Hawken preferred to poke the eggs with one finger, while Matix would push his whole hand through to the bottom of the bowl each time.

After we were finished cooking and set the table, Hawken decided that he would rather have pancakes for dinner. Oh well. :)

Matix, however, loved the meatballs (and spaghetti of course) and ate way more of them than I thought he would. Since this day, we have made them a few more times, experimenting with different variations of the original recipe.  Thanks for the recipe Charla!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Ali loves meatballs too! But she does NOT like to touch raw food, even cookie dough!

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

Now I want the meatball recipe too!