I haven't done an update in a while, so here it is, for all inquiring minds...
Paul: As of tomorrow, he will be a 4th year medical student, because he has completed all of his core rotations! This is another celebrated occasion for us. Each step closer to being finished with this crazy looooong process! Paul liked Psych more than he thought he would, but he is still definitely going for family medicine. A week or so ago, he flew out to Utah for two pre-interview meetings with the directors of some residency programs out there. Typically, they do not ever take foreign medical grads, so he thought the best thing would be for them to be able to have a face to match with a name on a paper, to start. The meetings went really well, and hopefully they will give Paul an interview in another month or so. His residency application is due this week too. I can't believe how far he has come. This whole journey has been a wild one. At times seeming slooooooow and hard and exhausting, and at others like we blinked and years have past. He will be starting his elective rotations on Tuesday (he gets Monday off) and will work back to back until March 22nd when he is finished! We will also find out March 15th where we are moving for residency... I am so excited! Besides school, Paul is the scout master in our area and has been crazy busy with that. Scheduling and training and organizing the packs here so they can function more smoothly. They have a campout coming up next weekend and Matix and Hawken are dying to go... We shall see.
Jessie: I have been in a funk lately. I don't know what it is, but I am more tired lately, and have less patience, and trying to get a handle on everything that I have coming up. Lullaby will turn 1 in a couple weeks, which I am dreading. For some reason her turning 1 is not something I am excited about right now. I need to plan her party (it's going to be small, but I still want to have a party). Then Matix will turn 4 a couple days after that. I need to plan that party. He has been going back and forth on what he wants for his party, and now we are going to team up with one of his friends and do a joint party. That should alleviate some of the stress of that. Hawken all of a sudden hates nursery and refuses to go in without a crying fit. I am a mess... I know it will get better though. No worries. :)
Matix: He is LOVING preschool. I don't have a better word to describe it. The teacher asked me if there was anyway that I would consider putting him in five days a week, rather than 2, because he is such an asset to the class. So sweet! I'm not going to do it, but I love that he is doing so well there. He is making new friends and learning all kinds of things. I am happy with our decision (and thanks again mom for paying for it!). He is also into singing and making up songs about things. It's usually pretty random, but very entertaining. He also said he is the funny boy in his class. Here is what he said, "At school, a girl tried to give me some yucky food. I said I didn't want it, but she gave it to me again and so I said YUCK! and made this face (imagine a scrunched up nose and squinty eyes), and then she laughed, so I said it again, and she laughed again. My friends always laugh when I am funny." Following in his father's footsteps. Oh, and he is still taking naps, even on school days! I was so nervous about that.
Hawken: He is pretty disappointed that he can't go to preschool. I tried to get him in to the same school, but a different class, but they are full, so Hawken is on a waiting list. I told him he can go when he is bigger. So now every meal he eats, he will look down and size up his body, and say, "I think I'm bigger now mommy! Can I go to preschool now?" It's so sad. Nursery is another thing though. The teacher has to pry him off of me, snuggle with him for a half an hour, and then he will play and have fun. I know he has fun, because then when it is time to go, he is all smiles and hugs and happy little Hawken. Today he even cried to go back to his teacher, because he was having too much fun...
Lullaby: She is almost a year old. This went too fast for me. She isn't walking, although she stands on her own. She can say a few words, and loves to try to mimic me talking, watching my mouth and I over-enunciate each word. Dog, ball, mama, and up are her specialties. She can use those appropriately and clearly every time. There are other words she is trying out still, like dada, and matix (which comes out more like mady). She crawls fast and gets into everything. She loves her paci and baby doll and special blanket from gramma Evie. She has four teeth and wants to eat everything. She is still the most pleasant and wonderful baby, ever.
3 comments:
I am so excited to hear Paul's part of the update. I am glad to hear that although at times the process seems to take so long, that sometimes it seems to be flying by. Sad to hear you are in a funk. You are right that "This too shall pass," but it still doesn't feel good right now. Let's talk. Could Matix go 3 days a week? That might be nice.
Such exciting times!!! That is smart of Paul, except I was holding out some hope that we might end up near each other and Utah is not high on our list! I am sorry you've been in a funk, though you are like a superwoman to me so I bet your funk looks like most of us normally! You sure are doing a good job with those kiddos of yours, and they are getting cuter all the time.
What an exciting time for you guys! I can't wait for the day we know where we will be going(a whole year from when you'll know!) Pauls awesome and I'm sure will land an awesome residency.
Post a Comment