Wednesday, August 7, 2013

38 weeks!!

Well, this baby is sure keeping me guessing. Matix came one day early, Hawk was three days early and Lullaby was almost 2 weeks early... So I was thinking, especially with all the Braxton Hicks contractions, that this baby would probably make his/her debut early.  Well here I am in the single digits left until my due date. Only 9 more days until this little one will be at 40 weeks. FORTY. Who knew?

I am getting SO excited and anxious about finding out if this baby is a boy or a girl... I wish I had the patience to do the surprise thing with the past three. It is so fun.  I put up this poll on the side of the blog for friends and family to guess if the baby will be a boy or a girl, and although girl is in the lead, it's fairly close.  47 people think girl and 31 people think boy. I am torn and think girl one day and boy the next. I had a dream it was a boy, but then again, I also had nightmares that I was having twins too... Paul had a dream that it was a girl. And the boys, especially Hawken, have been dreaming about the baby too, sometimes sister and sometimes brother... Ahh! The suspense!

The name game is trickier this time too. We have to have at least one great boy and girl name, but we always wait until we see the baby to decide on a name anyway... So more waiting! Yikes!  My belly is getting bigger and bigger, I am getting new stretch marks seemingly on top of the ones I had from Lullaby.  They hurt, but don't show very much.  Here is my growing baby belly at 38 weeks. Paul took pictures later so my whole self could be in the picture, but I am in my jammies and looking more rough than I really want to remember. :) So these will have to do. Thank heavens for a camera timer. 38 weeks:
Everyone keeps asking if the baby has dropped, but I always carry babies low, so I don't know. I feel a lot of pressure in my back and am getting some round ligament pains, but I don't know if it has changed much, or increased at all in the last few months... I am going to put up a new poll with which day you think baby will come.  Baby is due on Friday the 16th, FYI. The winner will get the middle name spot. Just kidding, but you should guess anyway.

6 comments:

Mom said...

Rather than vote in the new poll, I did mine as a WISH! I WISH s/he would wait until I get there!

The Castros said...

I know it's been a while but you popped into my head today and I had to pass through and say hi! I thought it must be close to your due date and see its really close!!! Good Luck! Hope all goes smooth and baby is healthy. By the way I am following in your footsteps...I'm 21 weeks and having a girl! Can't wait! I am looking forward to seeing your next beautiful baby!

Stacy said...

I think "if" it is a girl, you should go with Paul's name from his dream - wasn't it Clover? I like that name. I still think Toby would be cute for a boy. But you two always come up with great names and I know whatever you name him or her will be great and we'll love him or her no matter what. I am so exited to find out though! :)
Call us as soon as you can.

The Fredericks said...

yay!!!!! I think its a girl-- just because its fun to have even teams-- i adore your belly--and the birthday guess is Aug 14-- because it's Jason's b dY--so, middle name slots are covered- Lizzy for G jason or freddy for boy-- you are welcome! and I read an article abt how only first babies really "drop" and the subsequent ones dont noticeably drop... so have hope ;)

Josh and Kelly said...

I feel the suspense for you!!! I am thinking boy. I can't wait to hear the news! And you are looking fabulous!

Mom said...

That belly does not look like it dropped yet. Just my opinion. But that's more of an internal feeling. Who knows...My bag is packed. Is yours?