Well, Paul worked all day today. The boys wouldn't tell me Happy Birthday. We got to church late and had to sit on the floor for sacrament meeting. I couldn't connect with my friend who lives far away in New Zealand, although I tried. I nearly burned dinner because of a poopy diaper followed by a diarrhea almost accident... It was a tough birthday. Then as I was tucking Hawken into bed, he asked if he could sing to me. Me. Finally, someone knew I was needing some attention. :) He sang Too-rah Loo-rah (sp?) to me from heart, since I usually sing it to him at night. That was a song that my mom and dad sang to me when I was a child and it was so sweet hearing it from my sweet little boy.
Thank you Hawk for reminding me that even though this was my birthday, it doesn't mean I get to be a party pooper. There were plenty of happy things that happened today, and my day got progressively better since I decided to take a positive look at it. Now I will eat some cake and ice cream and snuggle with my hubby. :)
4 comments:
Awww! I will spoil you a little when I get there tomorrow! I love you!
Sorry for a day with so many things happening. They did have your name in our church program today. I had people ask about and wish happy birthday. I t was so sweet of Hawken to sing to you. Glad Paul made it home to snuggle.
Happy Birthday! Hopefully it will be another great year, even if your birthday wasn't quite what you hoped.
Happy Birthday! Even if it wasn't the best of days, it sounds like you had a good attitude about it! Hawk singing to you at bedtime sounds so sweet!
Post a Comment