Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hawken goes to preschool!

Hawken started Preschool on Tuesday. He goes Tuesday and Thursday and it's the same style co-op as Matix's class. He is with other kids who have two years until Kindergarten, just like him.  His favorite Texas friend, Logan, is in his class, which makes it even cooler. Hawken has been ready for preschool for a looong time.

After his first day, I asked how it was. What did you learn? Did you have fun? Etc...  His reply was, "That school was silly."  I asked what he meant by that and he went onto explain that they did a lot of playing and not very much learning. :) I tried to explain that preschool is for playing too, but he wouldn't have it.  I also pointed out that he had practiced the letter 'A', and even written it, to which he replied, "Mom, everyone knows the letter A!"

He was excited to go again today though, despite it being "silly" on Tuesday. :) Hopefully he will loosen up a bit and enjoy himself. Silly boy. I mean, serious, learning boy.

6 comments:

Mom said...

He has waited so long with such anticipation! I'm sure he loves it!

Mom said...

P.S. I LOVE your sidewalk art backgrounds for their first day(s) of school! Great idea - great tradition! Can't wait see if they will still go along with it in H.S.

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

You are too creative with your kids. I need to take lessons from you blog as for cute ideas to do. Thanks for inspiring me!! And you are even doing this with a new born... you really are one AMAZING mamam!

Chelsea, Jason & June said...

i love you 'back to school in chalk' pictures, totally doing that someday! ... are your boys really ready for preschool already!?

The Fredericks said...

so cute -- he seriously is adorable!!

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

I love the preschool pictures of both of your boys!