Saturday, August 10, 2013

flamingoes

We went to the free Lego build on Tuesday with some friends. They got there first and held a spot in line. We were about 6 stores down from the Lego store when we started... We got there around 4:45pm and it didn't start until 5. I had snacks and drinks for everyone and my friend Mel brought a portable DVD player to entertain the kiddies while we waited. Well, after it opened, the line moved really quickly and we (barely) made it inside before Hawken exploded from excitement. The boys did really well finding all the right pieces and building their flamingoes.

Matix did it completely on his own, with a little pointing from the Lego helper.  But Matix was very clear with him that he did not need any help. "I already have lots of Legos and I know how to do this. I am 4 years old already."

Hawken could find all the right pieces by himself, but needed a little help from me orienting them in the right direction. In the end, he did most of the work by himself.

Lulli just kept stacking hers into a tower and asking, "birdie pease mommy? birdie pease?" So I built hers.
What a great way to entertain the kiddies and get something for free. We don't have any other pink Legos either, so I was excited to get some more variety.

1 comment:

Mom said...

That's a really nice activity, but I wouldn't like the standing in line.