Thursday, August 29, 2013

preschool for Matix!

On Monday, Matix had his first day of preschool. 

Last year he went to a co-op type school for 4 hours a day twice a week.  I didn't have to share teaching, but there were lots of little jobs and fundraisers that the parents were expected to participate in. This year, a few moms from church got together with that same idea, only we would also split up the teaching.  That way it's free too.  We have a curriculum that we are following and lesson plans and everything. This is Matix's last year of preschool before starting kindergarten, so I want him to be ready.

He is so smart and excite about learning.  His first day went really smoothly and he is anxious to go again tomorrow (He goes Mondays and Fridays).  He filled out this paper about himself.  Too cute.  On the part where it says "I love..." he drew a picture of his daddy and a skateboard. Two things he really loves. :)

Hopefully his first day was an indicator of how well the rest of the year will go. He came home buzzing with stories and things he learned. He really thrives in social AND structured environments. Good job big boy!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

He is such a handsome, happy boy!

Mom said...

I am so excited! (And you're being too modest about your role in this preschool!) Has Hawken's started yet?

The Fredericks said...

he is beautiful and I LOVE that he loves-- himself! so cute