Friday, August 23, 2013

good bye grandma

I wrote down a HUGE list of some of the things that my mom accomplished while she was here. It was a whole page long. She was such a help to me.

Thanks mom for being so wonderful. You kept the kids busy, which is the key to happiness around here.  Chalk coloring while grandma breaks down boxes for recycling.

Using the long roll of paper from my friend Brianne to color while grandma makes dinner. 

Do you see who else joined grandma up on the counter? 

Perfect spot to keep baby out of siblings greedy hands.  

When grandma left, it was okay until the van drove away. We waved goodbye and said "come visit again soon!" and all those things.

When she was out of sight though, this is what happened.

Hawk: "I'm not very happy about this."
Matix: "Now I'm feeling really sad for my grandma!"
Lulli: "bumma? bumma?!!!" (that's how she says grandma)

So sad. These little guys sure were used to her here and are going to miss her tons.  Next time they are requesting for grandpa Louie to come too.  Thanks again for everything mom.  Also, since you left Wednesday morning, we have survived. We had dinners dropped off to us by friends from our church. I did the laundry, gave baths, and was able to keep them all somewhat entertained. Hooray! :) Granted a lot of the entertainment I provide looks like this...
The boys get to watch a movie while I nurse the baby sometimes, which they are loving. Lulli gets to play on the phone when I change diapers, because otherwise she is a little TOO hands on.  But other than those changes, we are back to our regular routine. The boys love holding the baby while I make a meal, and getting diapers when I need them. Lulli loves reading to him and tucking him in and picking his outfits including which blanket to wrap him in.  I think this might just work out after all. :)

4 comments:

Mom said...

I miss you all so much! It's always worse right after a visit!

Mom (again) said...

P.S. I love the new header! It's beautiful!

Ray, Star, Tanner, and Connor said...

I love the new header too! So cute! In my opinion Solace looks more like Hawken. :)
It's always hard to say goodbye after fun visits with Grandma!
So awesome that she was able to come and help so much!
Don't feel guilty about the TV and phone games. All us moms have to do it at some point or another. :)

The Fredericks said...

this is such a cute sad post! I love that they were brave until she left- Solace is beautiful ps.