Wednesday, October 29, 2014

International Festival

Matix's school had their International Festival and we went for a little bit. The kids LOVED watching and listening to all the performances from around the world. Matix's school is SO diverse. It led to a beautiful festival.  

Matix's friend Taka performed with a large group of other Japanese children. Matix ran up front to watch. He was very impressed.

The Chinese Dragon Dancers were amazing. It was a really fun show to watch. After dancing a while, they walked out into the audience so the kids could touch the fur. Hawken and Solace loved it, but Lullaby was SUPER nervous. Matix was sitting with his friends by that point and I don't know what he thought of the dragons. He was too busy socializing, as always.
After the festival, the kids and I met Paul at the movie theatre to see "Meet The Mormons". It was VERY well done. I liked it a lot. Hopefully we can see it again at night when the kids are sleeping so we can catch all the little details. The kids were pretty good to sit through the whole thing. It helped that we had LOTS of food for them, but even then, we missed lots of the movie. :) 

2 comments:

Mom said...

I still have to go see that one. Do you remember the dragon your Dad and I made for your multicultural dance at school?

Stacy said...

That festival looked great. Lullaby does look a little scared. How funny.