Sunday, October 26, 2014

Murder At The Juice Joint!

We went to a murder mystery party last night, and it was SO fun. We each had character roles and secret information that only WE knew. I was "Flirty Flapper" and Paul was "P. I. Pinkerton" - the private investigator. Thank you Stacy for watching the kids, thank you Shane and Colleen for letting us borrow your coat, hat and boa!

When we got to the  party, we got additional information and objectives at the party. The party was decorated super well and it was so fun to see all the work that they put into it. It was a speakeasy in the 20's.

Since my character was ULTRA flirty, I had to awkwardly flirt with several of my friends' husbands... It was all in good fun, but still awkward.  Everyone got into character and it was so fun trying to solve the mystery. I sort of figured it out, but was thinking my original guess was too obvious, so I guessed someone else. Turns out, I was right with my first guess. Oh well. :)  Group pictures of the 11 couples who came!
Hopefully I will get the rest of the pictures from the other people soon so I can post those too. Thanks Mindy and Ally for the fun night!

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a fun party! Louie and I went to a mystery party like that once. It was a blast! The other thing I wanted to tell you was that my Grandma Doris Kast got married in a knee-length flapper dress, which was VERY daring in those days., She also died it green afterward and wore it again several times.

Leslie Barnum said...

How Fun! I've always wanted to host a murder mystery party! Sigh... maybe when I'm not so busy with school work.