I love that my boys play with dolls. They dress them up, make families, talk in silly voices and PLAY. They love to imagine and create and have fun, and I hope that they always do what they love to do, instead of what society tells them to do. Already he will tell me, "This is a girl toy", or "These are boy colors", which makes me crazy. He'll still let Lullaby love the color green, and he will still play with dolls. Yep, this is a boy, with long hair, who loves to wrestle, and build with Legos, and race cars, and ride bikes, AND plays with dolls. And I love him.
This particular day of playing, he was telling me how pretty this little dollie is, then he said, "Her name is Holly, like my Auntie Holly. She's so pretty, huh?". Sweet thing.

2 comments:
He is practicing being a good Daddy. Grampa Louie remembers dolls he and Hank had when they were little.
Don't forget - Hawken likes to do dangerous things too. :) I think little boys should be allowed doll time, especially baby dolls, it's good practice. :)
Post a Comment