Sunday, January 11, 2015

preschool FUN

Preschool has been especially fun this week. These kiddies are so sweet. I love when they come to play and learn. And the question I'm getting a lot lately is, "Are you going to do this again next year?"... and the answer is, I don't know yet.  I did it this year for Hawken. It was his last year before kindergarten, and he needed the structure. We couldn't afford to send him to preschool, although that's what I wanted to do. But hey, I am a certified teacher, and I have taught preschool for several years in the public schools already... So I guess I am it. I thought, since I would be doing it for him already, I might as well try to get some other kiddies too. It turned out really well, even with a few kids (who had signed up), deciding to stay home instead. The boys that stayed in my preschool are pretty much the best little boys ever. I know I am a spoiled teacher.  But would I do this again, even though Lullaby isn't going to kindergarten the following year? She has that late September birthday, so there will be a year gap between her and Hawken. She has come a long way, but I don't know if she is as needing as Hawken was, in the preschool department. There are a few people with kiddies the right age, who have asked when they can sign their kids up... I'm just thinking out loud. What to do, what to do... While I'm deciding, check out some of our fun happenings this last week. Click here to go to the preschool blog and see more. 

3 comments:

Mom said...

I loved teaming with you when I was there, seeing your style first-hand, and getting to know your students. So fun for me.

Josh and Kelly said...

I enjoy your preschool posts and like to check out your preschool blog to get fun ideas of extra things to do with the kids. You could still do it with Lullaby next year and do it 2 days a week and a little less academic, Marissa didn't necessarily need preschool this year but she LOVES going.

Stacy said...

You always come up with the funnest things to do. Even if Lullaby didn't need the structure I'm sure she would love the getting together with other children and the activities. Sully might even enjoy it by next year.