Sunday, January 18, 2015

lost pup

We stopped to get the mail on the way home from Matix's school, and a puppy ran into the road. I picked it up and the kids loved on him while I ran around and knocked on all the close by houses. No one knew where the pup belonged, so we brought him home for a bit. I saw a neighbor down the street come home later on and asked her, and she knew where he lived, but they weren't home yet. So we left a note on the door and kept our puppy, who Matix named "Sandy", because he liked to dig in the sandbox. Matix especially, was in heaven.

We just did our regular things, and when bath time came, Sandy wanted in on the action, much to Solace's surprise, and then delight.
The family came home at 10:30pm, and we were all already asleep. They came over and I stumbled outside with the pup. We haven't seen him since, and the family was VERY grateful to have Sandy back. His real name is Scrappy, so not too far off. Matix was bummed the next morning when he woke up, he was SURE that the family had MOVED and we could keep Sandy.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

You have a nack for finding lost puppies. I love Solaces surprised face - too funny! :)

Mom said...

I love Solace's 2 faces too!