Being a Mormon sometimes means you get asked lots of questions. I like questions, and I like when other people (especially those of other faiths) feel comfortable enough with me to ask. With everything going on in the news and courts with gay rights, specifically gay marriage rights, I thought I would share this wonderfully insightful and loving quote from a leader in my church. It reads, "As a church, nobody should be more loving and compassionate. Let us be at the forefront in terms of expressing love, compassion and outreach. Let's not have families exclude or be disrespectful of those who chose a different lifestyle as a result of their feelings about their own gender." - Quentin L. Cook (A member of the quorum of the twelve apostles in the LDS church)
What I really like about this quote is the LOVE part. There is no scripture, ever, that says we should be hateful and nasty, and it hurts my feelings to see people who call themselves "Christians" behave that way. I'm glad to be a part of a church that encourages love, compassion, inclusion, and respect. So if you're wondering were I (and my family) stand on this point, here it is. Love.
2 comments:
What a great way to share the Church's stand on all this stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Love this!! A step in the right direction!
Post a Comment