Dale set up a "Pioneer Day" activity for the people in his church ward up in Spring. Grandma Stacy was here visiting and brought pioneer outfits that she made for all the kids. Pioneer Day, by the way, is (according to Wikipedia) a state holiday on July 24th in Utah celebrating the entry of Brigham Young and the first group of Mormon pioneers into Utah's Salt Lake Valley in 1847. Lullaby wanted a crown braid, very pioneer-ish, I think.
Pioneer Grandma and baby pioneer Kjerstin.
There were lots of cute pioneer games like the sack race. The pictures I got were AWESOME, if I do say so myself! :)
Check out Matix's winning leap! Woohoo!
Paul and Dale take sibling rivalry very seriously. You're going to be a lawyer? Well then I'm going to be a doctor! You're going to challenge me to a sack race, then I'm going to keep jumping even when I lose my sack! Ha ha ha!
The boys weren't feeling very photogenic that day… These are three of the BEST shots I got of them. Stinkers!
Sully didn't fit in his shirt. The neck hole was too small. But he looked adorable just in the pants. :) Paul and I make the cutest kids.
Linnaea, Matix and Hawken trying out the washing boards and the clothes line. I'm sure the actual children that did this didn't think it was this fun.
The stick pull is harder than you think. Matix did okay, Hawken was out fast. Gavin did really well for his age group. I beat all the women, but when I was matched up with the men, I lost FAST.
Grandma and three of her 4 granddaughters. So cute.
All the cousins, except Kjerstin who was sleeping in a friends arms, and Saras who was back home in Arizona. Thanks for the fun day Dale! And thanks for the outfits Grandma Stacy!












4 comments:
What a fun and educational day! Great costumes!
What a fun day, loved all of the pictures!
Great pictures! That was such a fun activity. I hope Dale's ward will help out next year. They don't know what they are missing. Their children need to learn about their Mormon heritage and learn to appreciate what the pioneers did. The kids all looked so cute in their outfits. I'm so sorry Sullie's didn't fit, but the pics you got of him are so darn cute.
How fun! The kids all look adorable in their pioneer outfits!
Post a Comment