Hanging the hood was so exciting! It really made the kitchen look finished. (Even though there's lots more to do.)
The old downstairs bathroom sink was SO small. We had a new one ordered and Paul put it in. He said I could attach the faucet while he was at work, since that was an "easy job".
As it turns out, the old part that was connected to the wall had rusted almost completely through, and when I touched it, it SHOT off of the wall, water hit me right in the face, I had to scream for Matix and hold pressure on the hole in the wall. It was crazy. Matix got my phone dried off, while the other kids ran for more towels, water was pouring out of the bathroom door still, even though I was holding the hole as tight as I could. Paul was still riding his bike to work, so I couldn't call him for help, so I called Chris, our friend and handyman. He rushed right over, while Matix found the 4 valves in our water pump house and turned them off. I was pretty wet when Chris showed up, but he installed new wall pieces and I put fans on the brand new cabinet and drawers until they were dry enough to go back into the bathroom.
My easy job turned into a frustrating, several hour, adventure, but it's done now and fixed and looks great. The plastic needs to be removed, and the knobs needs to be added still, but I really like it.











1 comment:
You didn't turn the water off first? Pretty exciting!
Post a Comment