Monday, October 5, 2009

Hooray for Monday!

So Paul had his first mini today. When he came home he said he felt really good about the test. He doesn't get his results for a week though, so we will see, but he feels really confident that he did well! :) Yay Paul! When he came home he saw this:
Matix made a sign for Paul and we put in on the door for when Paul came home. Matix actually had a really good time coloring which I thought was cute. Lex made a sign for her Dad too. :)
Matix and I are so proud of Paul! We had Paul's favorite meal here for lunch just before the test to wish him luck. Then when he came back we went to the beach for a barbeque. There were a TON of people there. We ended up just picking up our free T-shirts, going for a swim, and then going to Subway (fancy, I know) for a victory dinner. :)
After we got home and put Matix down, we had family home evening and now he is chatting with Phil (the neighbor) about the mini. :)

Besides the mini and all the celebrations that went along with it, we got mail again!! Hooray hooray!!! Matix got two more birthday cards and gifts! :)
He got one from his Great Grandma Pauline and his Great Grandpa George (Jessie's Grandparents) and he also got a card from his Grandma Kim (Jessie's Mom). He had a great time "reading" his cards. Thank you thank you for them and the gifts!

4 comments:

The Fredericks said...

what a fun wife you are! I think Matix is so cute I don't know what to do- he is starting to look like a boy and not a baby- and he is one good looking boy! I'm glad that Paul made it through his first mini! hooray!

Josh and Kelly said...

Yea for being done for the first mini- and I think Paul is one of the only people I've heard who said he felt like he did great and not "just okay" so way to go Paul!

Grandma Kim said...

Congratulations to Paul. Knowing Paul I am sure he got a great score on his first mini. I'll bet it's a relief to have the first one under your belt. It was worth all the studying and exhaustion, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Paul. You were on our prayer list. Matix is really growing up and is sooo cute. Jessie you are a wonderful wife and mother.