The bugs here are NOT my favorite. Not only do ants appear seemingly out of nowhere, there are centipedes that bite, mosquitos that used to be fighter pilots and can dodge getting killed every time, AND there are BUGS IN THE FOOD! :( yuck yuck yuck! If the picture is too small, you can click on it to make it bigger.

This was a box of Cream of Wheat we bought from the grocery store and it has bugs in it. For those of you who don't live here, just so you know, you cannot really return things to the store, even if things like this happen, because the bugs are in EVERY box, so it wouldn't matter. It is pretty gross, but just something else we have to get used to here on the island.
9 comments:
You poor thing that is just so gross. I guess we just don't know how lucky we are here in the states.
I love looking at your blog it is so great to Paul doing so well in school.
best of luck
Wow that is really really gross. Do locals (or other students) remove the bugs or do they just count them as extra fiber? I really liked the play by play of how you filter the bugs out--it made me laugh!
Yuck! Now people will have to ship you diapers and food!
yea! I love this post because it is HILARIOUS! you write so well and look at your funny collage- someday I will be so creative :)
um....I have to say you are a lot better about the situation than I would be. There would be NO sifting or eating of anything that bugs could get into if it were me. We would live off of canned and processed food I am afraid! Good luck!
Gross is right. Keep smiling, you are a great trooper. Loved your blog about it.
A couple tips: first, never buy cereal, or other dry boxed items at James' Store. They know there are bugs in their food, and they sell it anyway. Plus, they sell expired food. Picard or Tinas are better options. Also, if you put your dry goods in the freezer, they will not get bugs. We keep our cereal, flour, etc. all in the freezer. Just some little things we've learned along the way :)
This is so funny. It's the same in Brazil - At first, we threw things away, and then you end up just picking them out of things after a while. So funny! (and sad - of course)
ewww...ewww...yucky....yucky... BUGS! I'm sorry!
Post a Comment