Saturday, October 17, 2009

Play Group

Back when we we lived in Tempe there was a play group that a bunch of kiddos and their mom's went to... Sadly, since I was working during the time they met, I could hardly ever go :( The few times I went it was really nice though! I enjoyed talking with other moms and hearing their stories and advice. It was also nice for Matix to watch the other little kids play (he was still so small, he didn't really play with them yet)...

So when we got here to Dominica, I was so happy to find out that there were so many activities and fun things to do... BUT, they all seemed to be either all day activities or just during nap time! :( Matix is NOT a happy camper if he doesn't get his nap. So, we had to miss a lot of things that other people were doing...

Until, we decided to make a play group! :) HOORAY HOORAY for play group. Everyone here on the island (all the students and families at least) have a similar schedule in the afternoon. All the students have a 1 hour break from their classes from 12 until 1, and most families chose to eat together (we do). Paul comes home and we eat, then relax or play until 1 when he has to go back to class or study (depending on the day)...

There is a student center here and on the 3rd floor there are a bunch of games (table tennis, air hockey, pool, etc.), big screen TV's, and a bunch of couches... The best part is, it is AIR CONDITIONED! :) YAY! So we decided to meet up there every Wednesday and Friday at 1 for our play group. The kids are usually awake then, and have been fed, so they have a great time and the mom's get to sit down and talk with people who can actually talk back. :) It is so nice to be able to have a real conversation. We made our play group with the kids Matix's age in mind, but really, it is fun for everyone.

Here are some of the kiddos that have been coming to play group. Click on the pictures if you want to see them bigger, especially the collages.
Please come and join us if you can! 1:00 on the 3rd floor of the student center on Wednesdays and Fridays! :) Play group is a blast and everyone is welcome!

5 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

What cute pictures! I LOVE the one of Matix kissing Shane. I'm so glad they have each other and we will miss you when you leave! Thanks for getting this set up, I enjoy the company too!

Anonymous said...

Play group is a wonderful time for mom's and kids. Glad you are able to have one. The pictures are so cute.

The Fredericks said...

looks so fun! hopefully we will make it someday- we seem to struggle lately with that time! bless our hearts... :)

Natalynn and Paul said...

Looks like you guys are having so much fun out there! Enjoy it because it seriously goes way too fast!!

Gina Moody said...

Wow, good to know! I will have to try and come!!