Thursday, October 15, 2009

Samuel's Birthday

On Saturday, one of Matix's friends had his 3rd birthday party at the pool. Lex came with us and wanted to push the stroller (nice break for me, and Matix LOVED that she was pushing. He kept looking at her and smiling and giggling. He was so happy. :) This picture doesn't do justice of just how pleased he really was with her coming along.

We were the first ones there and had fun playing while we waited for all the other kids to show up. There were quite a few kids, parents and other friends from church there... AND Paul came! Yay! We love it when Daddy takes little breaks from studying to come play. :)

Obviously though, the highlight for Matix was the cake! Samuel's mom baked a REALLY yummy cake and Matix ate it almost as fast as we presented it to him. :) I love Paul's expression in this picture!
This took me forever to post, but it was a great afternoon and we had such a fun time. Thanks to Andrea (Samuel's mom) for sending me some of these pictures and putting on such a fun party. Happy birthday Samuel!!!

2 comments:

Grandma Kim said...

I love the cake pictures. He really is a good eater (like his Dad). He's growing so fast! I'll bet he's doing something new every day. What a wonderful stage.

The Fredericks said...

how fun! I'm so sad we missed it- but I'm glad that it looks like a BLAST :)