Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fun at Batibou Bay

We went to Batibou Bay yesterday and had a WONDERFUL time. On the way there, the boys held hands. Obviously, it was Matix's idea, but Hawken went along with it. Cute boys. :)

The hike down was muddy, but worth it. Even the first glimpse of the bay is breathtaking.

The waves and recent storms made the water murkier than it had been, but still beautiful.

Stacy went out snorkeling for a little while. She saw lots of baby angel fish, a few big yellow and black ones and some big blue fish in the reef. That tiny speck in the middle of the picture is Stacy. She went pretty far out there.

The boys played in the sand...

Well, Matix played in the sand, and Hawken ate the sand. :)

I dug a few holes for the water to fill and make tubs. A beach favorite.

Hawken thought the little walls on the sides of the tub looked yummy and would bend down and take a bite every once in a while. :)

Using coconut shells for sand castle molds. I love Dominica.

Stacy created some sand art sculptures, which Matix promptly stomped on. :)

I find myself saying this often, but I really think that I am jealous of the life these little guys have. Growing up on a tropical island, exploring in the jungle everyday, splashing in the ocean whenever they feel like it...?! I grew up in Wisconsin. Enough said. :)


Before we left, we walked over to the river. It was really not even a river, it was more of a trickle that day. :) The boys had fun, as always. This first picture totally shows Hawken's life right now. He wants SO badly to be able to go wherever Matix goes and do whatever Matix does... Wherever Matix is, Hawken is usually not too far behind.

Clean and ready to go. We love Batibou Bay.

1 comment:

Grandma Kim said...

Looks just beautiful! Makes me remember the million sand castles we built when you were little.