There is a new grocery store in Roseau!!! It is an American store called Save-A-Lot and I can NOT be more excited about it! :) A few days ago Hawken and I took the long drive down there (Matix stayed at the CAC with Katie, a highschooler/babysitter). This is the group of us that went.
Upstairs there was a pharmacy with brands I actually recognized. Even kid medicine. Wow. I wish this store was here when I originally got here, I wouldn't have had to pack a million infant tylenol drops. :)
Hawken thought it was great to ride in a cart, like in a REAL grocery store. :)
This is us at the checkout with our $600EC worth of food. :) I know, it sounds like a lot, but we stocked up on a TON of things, like baby food jars, peanut butter, and chocolate chips.
We even got steak and broccoli which are impossible to find anywhere else on the island. Everything was WAY cheaper than any other store here and some things were cheaper than you can find in the states.
I was MOST excited about the baby food jars. You can find them periodically in some of the stores here in Picard, but it is never a guaranteed thing. Plus, it cost me $3.25EC ($1.22 US) for the small jar on the left from Tina's (here in Picard). The large jar on the right cost me $2.21EC ($.83 US) at Save-A-Lot. I love you Save-A-Lot. :)
5 comments:
this makes me one happy lady!
In love with a grocery store! Hmmm! Does Paul know?
Save-A-Lot Rocks!!!!!! all I have to say.
What an awesome find! You are so lucky! I'm so jealous they didn't have that when I was there!
I am so excited. I cannot wait to go!!!
Ladonna
Post a Comment