Sunday, July 11, 2010

poll results: crawling

It has taken me a while to actually get this posted, but Hawken is officially CRAWLING! :) Here is a quick video of it.


Hawken can also go from sitting to crawling and sometimes back to sitting again. I am amazed how quickly he is learning things. He is doing pretty much everything a month or two sooner than Matix did them, but he also has a great example to follow too. :)

And although sometimes he reverts back to his quick inchworm-like scoot, he CAN crawl. We put up a poll for guessing when Hawken would crawl... Since he did the scooting thing first, it was sort of a definition question. If you define crawling as moving from one place to another (and it doesn't matter HOW), then he crawled at 4 months... BUT if you define crawling as moving from one place to another on hands and knees (like I do), then he crawled at 6 months.

Here are the final results of the poll.
3 months old = 2 votes
4 months old = 5 votes
5 months old = 11 votes
6 months old = 8 votes
7 months old = 6 votes
8 months old = 5 votes

3 comments:

Lee Berg said...

I was right on ths one although I was betting on walking. Apparently the walking exercise had stopped after I left. Oh well there is always next month for walking then on to swimming.

Amy said...

Ahh...wow look at him go! Maylee is doing this scooting/rolling thing to move around still.

Grandma Kim said...

I win! I guessed 6 months.