Saturday, July 17, 2010

indian river hike

About a week ago Stacy, the boys and I went on the Indian River Hike with Kelly, Shane, Jason, Liz and Emmy. I had not been on the hike yet and it was REALLY fun. I was surprised that hiking for a few hours would be fun, but it was. :) Everywhere we looked there were beautiful and amazing things to see.

The hike started out in Glanvilla and ended in Portsmouth were we took a transport back to Picard where we live. Here is a video of the day.


This is the spot where Calypso had her scary house in the Pirates movies. The Dominican government made Disney take it down before they left, although I would rather have seen it up. :)

Just before we got to the part in the river were we went swimming we came to a little snack bar in the middle of the jungle. Go figure. It was really cute. Usually when people go on the Indian River boat trips, they end here.

Swimming in the river was SO refreshing. Matix and Emmy both went all natural... :)

Matix had fun throwing rocks through the drain tunnels with Grandma. I love his little "bum-bum" (as he calls it). :)

When we were ready to finish the hike and leave the river, Matix decided he wanted to be a jungle boy...

Just before getting to the main road we walked through these huge fields of lemon grass. Not lemon grass like in the States, but lemon grass that smells like lemon drops. So yummy. Matix was busy eating his snacks... That is why he looks so silly in this picture. :)

Along the road (and in the jungles) we came across MANY mango trees that had dropped hundreds of mangos on the ground. It was so sad seeing them all just rot away when I would have happily eaten them all. :) Or really, Matix would have eaten them!

It was a great trip and fun to get to spend some time with Emmy, Liz and Jason before they left the island. We will miss them.

4 comments:

Grandma Kim said...

Great day! Great video! Don't you love your backpacks? As a baby, Jolie lived in hers so I could still take you and do all the things I wanted to do with you that weren't really conducive to taking a toddler along with.

Ladonnaday said...

I love the little video. looked fun. Did you just see tons of the huge yellowish crabs?? WE saw tons and tons along the bank when we went up by boat.

The Fredericks said...

ah! I'm so happy that we got to do that- I might steal the video too :) thanks again for coming with us.

Josh and Kelly said...

I love all your videos!! You are very talented, and I had so much fun with you guys on the hike! I would love some more of those pictures if you get a chance, and I promise I will start taking more of your cute fam!