Friday, February 11, 2011

day #3

Our day at the beach was perfect. It was bright and sunny and the water was a lot warmer than I thought it would be. The waves weren't too big and we all had a great time.

The beaches here have a very different backdrop than the ones in Dominica, that we were used to. No jungle here, just skyscrapers and a few hotels. Plus this clean white sand was a nice change from the pitch black volcanic, stick in every crevice, Dominican sand.

Coming from Wisconsin in January (always less than 40 degrees), my mom thought it was so funny to see a lifeguard. :) So I took a picture.

Louie found a coconut for the boys to feel more at home. :) We do miss Dominica.

It really was a great day. I think my favorite from their trip. It was nice to get out and see the ocean again, and let the boys get back to their element. They really had a blast, exploring, getting sandy, and loving every minute.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pictures! Everyone seem to be enjoying the beach. The boys seem to love the sand, I wonder if they notice it was white and not black.

Take care, I am so glad you can still blog!

Jessica said...

I don't comment nearly as often as I should on your blog (especially considering I read it nearly every day.. stalker? maybe :) )

I just wanted to say that I love your posts, I love hearing about your adventures and these sweet boys. It's nice to know that you have a happy family with Paul in medical school, it gives me hope that I'll continue to be happy when I'm home with Abigail with Doug in medical school, haha. Doug is so funny, he wants to catch up with you guys and be pregnant with our third already. We're both so excited to start our family and even though you and I ... did we ever see each other outside of church in Arizona?!!? haha, anyway, I feel like we know you all. We pray for you and that sweet baby that everything will continue to heal and be healthy. We love you guys and are so happy that all of this (if it had to happen) happened now, with so much support and access to medical care. Can't wait to read more. ~ Jessica

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

I love all the pictures. So sweet! Especially the ones with the ocean in the background. It sounds like you all had a really fun day and a fun visit while your mom was there.

Ray, Star, Tanner, and Connor said...

Wow! Such a great looking beach! I'm sure the boys loved it! They are definitely beach boys! I too, absolutely LOVE your blog!

Mom said...

I can't believe you posted the pictures of me in my suit! I used to look like you, you know. We sure enjoyed that day, too!

Josh and Kelly said...

Yeah, I'd say that's a step up from the good old black sand! Hawken looks especially happy to be back to his roots:)