Thursday, February 10, 2011
these are a few
It is 10:30am on Thursday. And so far today has been a lovely day. I had a little nausea this morning, but not horrible. I went to another doctor's appointment, this was the 4th in 9 days... WOW. Everything is still progressing and looking okay, and I am FINALLY gaining the weight that they want me to. I thoroughly enjoyed watching a woman in the car behind me dancing and singing to (must have been) her all time favorite song. When I got home the boys were outside blowing bubbles with Grandma, they were just thrilled to see each one float to the top of the trees and pop. They just left to the store to do some shopping, while I stay and do what I do best. NOTHING. :) I will sit here, and do nothing all day. Bed rest isn't as fun as I thought it probably was before I was ever sentenced to do it myself. I can only really get up to go to the bathroom, or eat, and even when I eat, I am not allowed to lift a MILK JUG. So, in the morning when I eat cereal, I have to ask Stacy to come and pour my milk for me. How pathetic. :) But really, I feel so happy that all of this has been happening here, in America, with doctors I trust, and roads that are safe, with family that can come and help, during 5th semester so Paul has a more relaxed schedule... Really, this was all really good timing. Not that I wanted all of this mess to happen, but since it did, I am happy and grateful that it was here and now. Cheers to another day of a healthy baby, a bed ridden mom, two happy boys, a helpful grandma, and a hardworking daddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Jess, I'm so sorry you have to be stuck in bed all day, I know how that is and its not fun. I'm so happy we finally got to talk, such a relief, I was so worried about you. Here is hoping that cist stops bleeding so you can get out of bed, and here is to a healthy baby!
I know it is a bummer, but I am so glad that you are being a nice, compliant patient. :) You are a great mom.
I'm sorry that you're stuck in bed! But I'm happy your pregnancy is on the right track! yay! Try starting a good book (if you already haven't)--that could help pass a lot of time. :)
I'm sorry you are stuck in bed! I can only imagine how bored you must get! I second reading a good book! There are also movies to watch (if you have a TV). I don't know about you, but I love computer games, so there is always that too!
I'm sure you feel pathetic not being able to lift anything, but you are doing what is best for you and the baby. And that is the best thing you could be doing!
There are several times I think think goodness we all made it out of Dominica alive ha ha jk- kind of. And as always I appreciate your positive attitude:)
Just keep on complying with doctors' orders as long as you have to. You are right, though. If it did have to happen, here and now is better. I'm thankful for that, too.
Post a Comment