Wednesday, February 23, 2011

thoracic surgery rotation

Paul is now doing a thoracic surgery rotation... He, of course, loves every minute of every experience he has... ever. I, however, am in pain just thinking about some of the stories from his day today that he relayed to me over dinner. Paul is a good storyteller, and anyone who knows him, can attest to how into his stories he gets. He is very involved, detailed, expressive, and graphic. Today he was part of a surgery, and I mean, scrubbed in, gowned up, hands ON the patient, using tools to separate ribs manually, blood gushing from punctured arteries, the works. I think he will make a great doctor, but I sincerely hope he won't be a surgeon of any kind. I don't think my stomach could take this on a daily basis. :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am so jealous. In another life...

Kim said...

How exciting for Paul! He has worked so hard and waited so long for this! We're so proud, Paul, and we think so highly of you!

Jamie said...

How fun!! I would love to hear his story of it, I can only imagine! We sure miss you guys down here.Hope all is well!!