Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Little Farm

We went to the pumpkin patch 2 times this year. The first time we got there pretty late, so we couldn't do as much stuff as we wanted. This was our first time:

Checking out the animals.

Playing in the kiddie area (there were at least 10 of them), the kids loved them.

This was the highlight. The kids got to SIT on horses. We didn't pay for the ride because it was closing time, so they only let the boys sit on them. Matix and Hawken thought they rode them. Boy are they going to be shocked when they actually get to sit and ride on a moving horse. :) Matix kept saying "YEE-HAW!!!" He really loved it.

Then it was Hawken's turn. He did it only because Matix did it first, and obviously it looked like a great time... But he did NOT like it. He made this "I'm going to be sick" face the whole time. I asked him if he wanted to get off and he said "Yes. My horsey is too big and scary. I don't like that." It was adorable though. :)

Trip number 2. Only slightly confusing because Matix wore that orange shirt that Hawken wore the first time. :) Visiting the animals. This was the nicest sheep I have ever seen. He was SO friendly. I wanted to keep him, and so did the boys. :)

Having fun.

Daddy loving his baby girl. Cute.

My high hopes for a great pumpkin picture were shattered when I sat Lullaby down and a huge drop of rain plopped right on her arm and gave her this lovely terrified look. Not as cute as I wanted.

And then it poured... I was off by the pumpkin pile trying to get a good picture of Lullaby on her first Halloween, and I could see off across the farm 3 soaking wet people running around. Turns out they were my boys. :) Of course they were. Here I am with Lullaby hiding under a tarp, shiny wet pumpkins in the background.

The boys had the most fun in the rain. Although I had wanted to get some good pictures, I guess the adventure was more memorable for them instead. It was a very memorable experience. Here's to going with the flow and having fun in the moment, like playing in the rain.

The boys had to be stripped naked (which they love) for the ride home.

Lullaby was traumatized from the experience and rode the whole way home holding my hand. When I tried to let go she would scream... Hmm...

1 comment:

Mom said...

That picture fourth from the bottom of the boys walking in the big puddle would make a nice companion picture to the one of the two little girls walking down the road in their chore boots in the puddles.