Our church had a Halloween "trunk-or-treat" party. Trunk-or-treat is trick-or-treating without the walking. All the parents line their cars up in the parking lot, open and decorate the trunks, and then the children walk around in the safety of the lot and trick-or-treat at each car. It works out really well for this age, when they want lots of candy, but can't really last long walking door to door. Plus then we don't have to worry about strangers, or crossing busy streets, or where to find a bathroom. Before anything happened, we tried to get a group shot. As you can tell, it was already past our boys' bed time... Blank stares. :) I love it.
Before going outside, they let the parents have some time to get their trunks decorated, so inside we had a dance party and lots of snacks. Lullaby had a hard time with the hat, so Paul and I had some fun with it.
Matix was so excited to see some of his nursery friends in costumes. This is Lucas as Mr. Incredible. He was adorable. That's Matix's best friend, he tells us every Sunday. :)
Dancing with Auntie Michelle! So fun. Matix was a dancing machine. He was really into it.
Matix figured it out quick and soon became the leader of the pack.
Matix kept turning to me to show me all his candy and saying, "Look! Mom! Oh my goodness!! I have SOOOOOOO much candy in here!" ("Oh my goodness" is his new favorite catch phrase by the way, he says it as often as he can)
What? You don't remember that Mike Wazowski loves his blankie? Well Hawken's version does. :)
Hawken showing his friend Brianna his loot.
Matix and Hawken then stopped at every car (again!) on the way out of the parking lot. Smart little candy fiends, don't you think?
Family picture. It was super dark out and we were ready to leave = not the best, but I'll take it! :)
3 comments:
What a nice event. Perfect for this age!
Matix's face is classic! The sensation of the sugar rush!!! ;)
You forgot to mention that Hawken took small bites out of almost everything in his basket! Ha ha. I don't think I could have spent my Halloween in a more perfect way...thank you for letting me join your family for these events!
Post a Comment