Today is my BIRTHDAY!! Early this morning Paul made a super delicious breakfast for me, french toast, fruit, and the most tasty boysenberry syrup you could imagine. Then just before lunch, Jolie and her kids and my Dad all arrived! They drove through the night and got here right on time for my favorite day. :) It was perfect. The kids played together while we chatted, then we had lunch and naps. After naps it was off to the spray ground to meet up with some friends for a birthday-ish afternoon. We brought tons of fruit for us all to snack on and the kids ran through the water and played on the playground. It was a nice day. Then home for dinner, which Alexandra made for us. Very tasty. Cake and ice cream and candles and FUN.
This was a very low-key birthday, but just right for my 28th! Which seems a lot older than 27 did. I'm practically 30! What's THAT like?! Happy Birthday to me, I spent the day surrounded by family, and friends, and good food. Perfect.
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Jessie!!
I remember 28 years ago when you made me a real mother for the first time. Changed my life forever. I love you so much.
28 looks good on you!! Happy Birthday!!
Here's a link to a song I love. Every time you or Jolie have a birthday this song makes me think of the love I have for you both. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHkvan-NFnM
Didn't go through as a link. Guess you have to copy-paste it.
Happy late birthday wishes for you young'n!
How fun! Well happy late birthday. I agree with you that Birthdays are a BIG deal! Glad you had a fun special day!
Hey, birthday twin! (not the same year, but still!) I wonder if that's why we seem to have so much in common. :P I'm glad you had such a great day!!
Post a Comment