Friday, August 31, 2012

today

Today was a weird day of ups and downs.
Down: I woke up EARLY, thanks to a sick baby and naughty boys.
Huge down: I got in a fight with Paul (which never happens).
Down: I took Matix to his loooong speech evaluation, where they told me his speech is normal (up)... meaning I wasted my time, hours of time.
Up: I went to the store with Matix to go couponing, I paid only tax and left with razors for a year, toys for the kids, and some goldfish crackers for a snack, because I missed breakfast (down).
Up:  I came back home to a very CLEAN house. Thanks Paul!
Huge up: Paul and I made up.
Down: Paul left for the scout camping trip.
Up: The kids and I walked to the NEW library across the street and got a few new books and a movie.
Down: The boys made an enormous mess while I was putting Lullaby to bed.
Down: The boys both had meltdowns when they realized that daddy had gone on the camping trip without them.  Crying, screaming, stomping of feet, it was ugly.
Up: I put the boys to bed an hour early (6pm) and they stayed down, I guess they needed it as much as I did.
Up: I talked to my mom on the phone and had a lovely little conversation about the gifties she just sent us and how to edit bad looking pictures... which I may or may not share later ;)
Down: Hawken escaped from his room demanding water and ending my talk with my mom.
Up: After giving him some water and a cross looking mommy face, he said, "I will marry you mom."  Which made my day.
Up: As soon as I finish this sentence I am going to eat some ice cream and watch trash tv via my computer, good night!

3 comments:

Norm and Cassi Beatty said...

sounds like a well deserved ending to a perfect/not so perfect day.

Mom said...

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it does buy ice cream, which is almost the same thing! Sorry you had to have all those downs, but the ups were nice, especially the proposal of marriage from Hawken! Sweet. (I loved talking to you tonight.)

Ray, Star, Tanner, and Connor said...

We all have ups and downs. Great outlook recognizing all the ups too instead of dwelling on all the downs. Hope your days to come have more ups than downs.