Monday, October 29, 2012

big boys!

Hawken knows how to click his own seat belt! This has been a loooong time coming, since usually he figures out how to do anything Matix can do within a few weeks of when Matix learns it.  But Matix has known how to do it for months now, and I have been waiting and waiting for THIS magical day.  Hawken declared, "I will do it by myself today." and he did, all three clicks!

Matix wanted his picture taken too, just to "show my grandmas I can do it".  He didn't specify which grandmas he was talking about, so take a look grandmas, all five of you, he can do it himself!
For some reason them being able to click their own seat belts makes my life SO much better. It still takes a while to get in the car and get going, they go fairly slow, but it's less work for me, and that is something that I am always in favor of. Good job my big boys!

2 comments:

Mom said...

This is monumental!! One of the great rites of passage along with going potty ALL by themselves, sending them to bed rather than taking them to bed, staying up later than the parents, and driving themselves to their own activities! (But I can't figure out who the fifth grandma is?)

Jessie said...

kim, stacy, evie, pauline, and della.