Monday, October 29, 2012

witches lunch

My friends, Lindsay and Lindsey (thank heavens for the 80's and all the repeat names, right?) threw a witches lunch! I guess they do it every year, and you bet I will be stealing this when we move if our new place doesn't have anything like this. It was too cute.  All the girls wore witches attire and the kids could wear their Halloween costumes, whatever they were.

The two hostesses for the party and I all wore purple and black, very witchy colors if you ask me... :)  And of course, Hawken wouldn't leave my leg for the picture.  Oh well.

Matix missed out because he was at school. I only felt a little bad, but he really loves his school and would have been upset to miss it.  Hawken wore his Bumblebee costume and Lullaby (last minute) was  a black cat. She was going to be a bumblebee (the insect), but I hadn't gotten the costume from Charla yet. She was so patient getting her makeup on. I was impressed.

There were a few activities for the kids too. Trick-or-Treating at the neighbors house. The kids loved parading their cool costumes accross the street and getting treats. What kid wouldn't?

Halloween coloring pages.

Pumpkin decorating.

I attempted to get a picture of me with my kids and this is what I got.  For some reason they were super crabby about pictures this day...

I even won one of the prizes for my witch costume. So fun!

Hawken, Graham, and Carson in their costumes. First I asked them to stand together, than I asked them to make some cool poses... Check out Hawken!

Megan and I trying to get some pictures in character. She was a goth witch and I was a... regular witch? We had fun anyway. It was so hard to keep a straight face with her posing like this.

When the party was over, we went to pick up Matix. I wiped the black off of my lips before I went into his school. He didn't really understand what we were talking about when we said we went to a witches lunch, but he was bummed that he didn't get to play with Carson or Allie, so we stayed at their house for a little while and played until it was apparent that they needed naps.  They crashed in the car on the way home. They were so tired!

3 comments:

Grandma Stacy said...

Witches lunch - that really is a fun idea. I miss having little ones to do fun things with. And I really miss my grandbabies. By the way you were definitely the cutest witch Jessie.

The Fredericks said...

best idea ever-- hopefully we'll be in the same place-- and be the double hosts== doing it! LOVE the costumes!

Mom said...

What a great idea!!!