Tuesday, November 6, 2012

election day

Well, after registering for my voter card months ago, then spending almost an hour on the phone with various government employees, it was discovered that I cannot vote this time around. Crap. They did not have record of me in their system... What? I voted last election (in Arizona) and I was happy with my choice (President Obama).  This time around, I decided that I would vote for Governor Romney.  Georgia is a decidedly republican state as it is, so my vote would have been one of many, although I have been loving all the "Obama Y'all!" signs I see everywhere.  This presidential campaign has been less than exciting for me. All the griping and political facebookers have been driving me crazy. Neither candidate is perfect, or even near perfect for all the things I think should be happening in our country, but this time at least, my vote is with Romney.  Yes, a republican, shocking? I don't want to hear about it.  No, I did NOT chose him because he is also LDS, that actually had nothing to do with my choice.  Romney is good with money, obviously, he has said plain and simple how he could begin to balance the budget.  Cutting funding in areas that make him less popular, but smart.  I think right now that is a big deal.  However, if President Obama wins (and I have a feeling he will win) another term I still think he will continue with the good (education funds, loan forgiveness, etc.) and hopefully learn a bit from this campaigning season and change some of the bad stuff (Obamacare, Libya incidents, etc.)...  We'll see how it turns out.  Right now I can't stop watching the polls.  I just want to see how it ends.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Good for you Jessie! plain, simple, and true. You get my vote!
Next election I think they should have a rule that if you don't have something nice and TRUE, don't say anything at all.