Start with coupons. I get mine from the Sunday paper. I don't buy the paper, I just made friends with a guy who recycles a bunch and I get them from him. My dad also sends me the coupons he doesn't use (thanks dad!) from his paper. If anyone else gets the Sunday paper, you should send me your coupons too! :)
Then I check out the sales. A lot of times the coupons for products I need don't match sales right away, so I save them for later. Many coupons don't expire for a month or more and then I have more of a chance to match the coupon with a sale for an even better deal. In addition to sales, there are clearance items that make for killer deals, but these vary from store to store. One of my favorite stores is Walmart, because they give cash back... meaning, when a coupon's value is $2 and the item you are purchasing is $1.50, Walmart will give you back $.50. Here is my latest example:
The breakdown:
1 Clear shampoo (clearance) for $1.00
2 Clear conditioners (clearance) for $1.00 each, so $2.00
1 U by Kotex pantyliners for $1.24
3 Duck Brand packaging tape rolls for $1.00 each, so $3.00
3 Purina Beneful trial size dog food bags for $1.00 each, so $3.00
Total: $10.24 plus $.72 in tax
Minus (this is the good part)
3 coupons for any Clear shampoo or conditioner for -$1.00 each, so -$3.00
1 coupon for any U by Kotex product for -$2.00
3 coupons for any Duck Brand packaging tape for -$1.00 each, so -$3.00
3 coupons for any Purina Beneful dog food for -$1.50 each, so -$4.50
Total coupons: -$12.50
Total, including taxes is: -$1.54, meaning, Walmart paid me $1.54 in cash to walk out of their store with my dog food, packaging tape, pantyliners, and shampoo and conditioner. Awesome. Obviously, the clearance deals are store to store, but everything else was regular Walmart prices.
Not every deal results in money back, but most do, if you know what you're doing. This was a small trip, but it will feed my dog for a day, and clean my hair for a couple months, and I got paid gas money and then some for driving there. If you aren't already using coupons, you should.
3 comments:
What a smartie pants! So proud of you!
We will let you do the shopping when you are here. You really have it figured out.
Great job!
Very cool!!
Post a Comment