Friday, November 9, 2012

Gramma's party!

Five years ago, my mom had another surprise birthday party for my grandma when she turned 80, so I think she was certainly NOT expecting another surprise only a few years later.  Her actual 85th birthday isn't for another couple days, so she wasn't even thinking about her birthday yet anyway. My mom set it all up and got both of my grandma's kids (Kim and Carl) and all of her grandchildren (Jessie, Jolie and Brody) and all of her great-grandchildren (Bradley, Alexandra, Matix, Hawken, and Lullaby) to come. Of course, Pandora, Louie, Mya and Clementine were there too.  Jolie made up these shirts that read "she loves me best" for everyone.  Clever, huh? She made them with spray paint.  We all got dressed and waited.

Mom lured Gramma by asking her to see what she had done to the family room.  Mya joked that my mom had added some people to it. :) Gramma walked in and was very surprised. I don't think she knew what to say. We also didn't want to shout and scare her either. It was a very mellow moment.  She hadn't seen Brody in a few years and I think was her favorite part of the surprise.


Jolie made Gramma a shirt that said "she".  Standing next to me wearing the "she loves me best" shirt is the only way hers makes sense. I love it. Photo proof that I am in fact the favorite. :)

The birthday cake was covered in Gramma's favorite flowers, yellow roses.  When it came time to blow out the candles, help was there, ready and waiting, in case Gramma needed it. :) Alexandra and Clementine were very helpful that night.

Presents were also opened with the help of Clementine and Alexandra. Of course.

Bradley ripped himself up a little nest and lay there, smiling and giggling for a good part of the evening.  I am in LOVE with the second picture of Bradley, I may frame it.

I don't know what exactly was happening in this picture, but my grandma's face is so happy, I had to include it. She is such a positive, easy going, happy person. This picture perfectly shows off her personality.

Group picture of all the family:  May took a billion pictures and this is the only one with everyone even moderately looking at the camera. :)

My mom made party bags for all the kids and the dinosaur masks were the coolest. Even Lullaby wanted one on her. Every time it would slip off, she would hand it to my grandma again so she would put it back on her. So funny.
 Well, Gramma, happy 85th! We love you so much and we were SO happy we could come out to be there with you on your special day! Thanks mom for flying us out!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I feel so fortunate to have the ability to do that. It was so great that everyone was able to come all at the same time. Grandma loved it!

Grandma Stacy said...

I am so jealous! I miss you guys so much!