Saturday, November 17, 2012

primary program

Matix was in his first ever Primary Program at church. He had two lines to memorize (although the teachers were also up there with the kids feeding them the lines if necessary).  Matix took this memorizing job very seriously and learned his lines after only a few days. Each day before nap and each night before bed, we would read his lines out loud three times; once together, then Hawken would try alone and then Matix would try alone.  Since I'm pretty sure we aren't supposed to film the actual program (other kids being in the video too that maybe the parents didn't want filmed?), I got him outside before going in. Hawken tried to steal the spotlight, but this was Matix's turn.  I let Hawken give his lines (because he insisted) and then Matix.

The lines are, "Being a good example is also a way we can share the gospel." and "When we choose to keep the commandments, the Lord blesses us and helps us to chose the right." and he was SO excited to finally be able to say them in church. He ran right up when they called for the children to go to the front, but then got nervous because he couldn't see me. He started crying and his teacher held him. My good friends Tracy and Megan came to the rescue and held Lullaby and watched over Hawken so I could go to the front row and watch. Matix calmed right down and was ready then. So sweet. He said his lines beautifully and sang all the songs. They sat him away from Dries (his best friend) which I think was a smart move, because the two of them together would have been quite the sight.
Paul had to miss the show because he was out of town doing interviews, so I promised to take lots of pics of our big boy on his big day. He was really so excited. I love that he was so into it.  And we were both really impressed with both boys catching onto the lines so quickly! They both learned the lines way faster than we expected. They are such smart boys.

Hawken was disappointed that he didn't get to go up on stage too, but he is still in nursery, until January, then he will be a BIG sunbeam too.  Then in March Lullaby will be in nursery and Paul and I will have no crying babies to soothe or snuggle for two whole hours each week... What's that like? I have forgotten.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Amazing!!! All of it!!! I'm so proud of you Matix (and Hawken)!!!

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

How cute! Good job Matix!

(side note: you're not ever supposed to take pictures or video in the chapel)

Grandma said...

Great job Matix. We are so proud of you. Hawken, you are really growing up and did a good job also. Lullaby in the nursery and then you will be called to be nursery leaders.
Just kidding, but you would be good and the children would be blessed.