Monday, November 12, 2012

She walks!

It happened. Finally. Lullaby can WALK.  I thought for sure, with as stubborn and as clever as she is, she wouldn't walk until she was five.  But here she is at 14 months old, walking.  She has been taking steps here and there, but never more than ten or so, and only when coaxed.  Now she is walking on her own accord and many more steps in a row than I care to count.  (Also, as you can see in the video, she is wearing the same leg warmers both days.  They were washed in between, I swear, they just look so cute on her.)
I count the first actual day of her walking on the 8th, just days shy of her 14 month birthday.  Paul had just gotten home from an interview and she was in the mood for some attention, so I got out my camera and got a few clips. We are so excited for her!  Matix was 10 months old when he started walking, and Hawken was walking at 8 months, so when we passed the year mark with Lullaby I had no idea how much longer it might take... Lullaby, you stubborn thing, we are so proud of you for finally letting go and DOING IT!

2 comments:

The Fredericks said...

yay!!! she is adorable and I adore the leg warmers!!

Grandma Stacy said...

I love the leg warmers! She is too cute, but what a tease at the zoo!
Give her a big hug and tell her Grandma Stacy is so proud of her!