Monday, August 11, 2014

birthday girl

Today I am 30. THIRTY! That's pretty big. I think I might be an adult now. I have been married for over 8 years, and I do have 4 kids, perhaps it's time to think of myself as a grown up.  I have been given several wonderful and thoughtful gifts, including a very sweet love letter from Paul, and whispered "I love you"'s and "Happy Birthday Mommy"'s from the kids this morning, and packages mailed to me from family far away. One of the most surprising and exciting gifts was a package that came from someone I didn't know... an Ebay seller in another state. The package had a childhood book of mine, I talked about it here. Well, my dad is a crazy good Ebay hunter and he bought me the book! I was super surprised because it isn't cheap, so I hope he got a better deal than the ones currently listed, just an illustration from the book is going for $200, what?!

Thanks Dad for the super thoughtful gift! Who knew that while turning 30, I would want a children's book of nonsense stories... :) Also, it's in perfect condition, better than the one that we wore out when I was little. Yay! Happy Birthday to me!
The rest of my plans today are not as exciting. Paul has to work until about 7pm tonight, and he left before we woke up. The kids are currently coloring me pictures and humming happy birthday to themselves. They also have plans for me to bake myself a cake.  We'll see. :)

5 comments:

Mom said...

Sitting here remembering that wonderful day 30 years ago when I became a Mommy for the first time...your Mommy! It was just about this time of day when we left for the hospital (but that would have actually been yesterday! You took a LOONNGG TIME.) I am so happy that your Dad found you your book! Looks like it's in better shape than our original! And yes, somewhere in the adult years, you make your own birthday cake if there is to be one. Sorry I don't live closer. I'd make you one. Love you so much! Happy Birthday!

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your kids are good to you today and that you get to do something fun this week to celebrate.

Josh and Kelly said...

Happy birthday Jessie! And yes,no denying you are definitely an adult now!!

Grandma said...

Happy Birthday Jessie! I am glad your dad found your book, what a nice surprise! It looks like a cute story. I have never read it.

Stacy said...

Okay, my interests have been peeked. I can't wait to come visit and read this book. I hope your birthday was awesome!