Wednesday, August 13, 2014

play date

We went to Matix's new school playground for an informal get-to-know-you play date with a few other future kindergarteners. There were only a handful of other kids, but it was nice to meet a few. Having a friendly face on the playground in a few weeks when kindergarten actually starts will be a good thing. Lullaby was looking particularly cute in her new favorite hairstyle, "two piggy tails up on top!".

Solace and Daddy enjoying a few snacks.

Matix brought his new lunch box with our snacks, and was so proud to show it off. He met a little boy who also brought his new backpack and had a Lego magazine in it. I'm hoping that boy will be in his class. We shall see.
 No pictures of Hawken or myself, but we were there too. Just busy. I was chasing Matix, in hopes that I could meet the parents of his new friends, and Hawken was running around trying find the most dangerous thing on the playground. Typical.

2 comments:

Mom said...

That was such a nice thing to do. (And typical Hawken!! :) )

Stacy said...

I think the picnic before school for kindergarteners is such a great idea - it really is nice to have a familiar face on that first day of school. Good luck on your first day of school Matix! :)