Tuesday, August 12, 2014

mud puddles

A few days after a big rain, the yard is SOMETIMES ready to play in. Other days it's still a swamp. On those swampy days, I prefer for the kids to play inside or on the patio, instead of getting super muddy. But that doesn't always happen.  When checking to see what my big boys were up to, I saw a pile of wet clothes near the door... Not a good first peek.

Then I saw them making mud forts for their dinosaurs, and jumping down from the fortress into mud puddles. They were having so much fun.

They are best friends. I think Matix will be missed mostly by me when school starts, but second most by Hawken. They are two peas in a pod.
Afterward, I hosed them off and got them dressed, again.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Do you have mosquitos there? If so, that would be a great breeding ground.

Grandma said...

I think those boys have Paul's blood in them. They looked as if they were having fun.

Stacy said...

That's one of those times when you might think of getting angry if you weren't laughing so hard. Two boys makes twice the fun. Wait till Solace is old enough to join in - look out! :)

Mom said...

I love the shots of Hawken AIRBORNE!!