There was lots of bug catching and tree climbing and fossil hunting. I seriously LOVE camping with my family. It is SO different from everyday life.
Can you spot Matix in this picture?
While hunting, the kids found this toy turtle. It looked pretty real in the pictures though. :)
Solace practicing fishing...
Hawken looking especially cute, snuggling with "Monk" on his new big boy booster seat. He finally meets the weight/height requirements for a booster, and we got it a few days before we left.
My view in the tent. Lullaby and I shared a bed. Solace was in a pack-and-play. Paul shared with Matix. Hawken was a floater. He always started with Paul, but ended with me.
Even car rides were exciting. Silly Hawkers.
Solace's new favorite thing to do is "drive" the car. When we are stopped for potty breaks, I take him up into the front seat with me and nurse him. Then he DRIVES while we wait for the big kids to come back.
Camping in Texas in August is HOT. I spent lots of time the first two nights, fanning the kids with a blankie so they would sleep. Like HOURS of fanning. So we bought a fan and an extension cord and that was literally the best purchase of my life. SO worth it. :) I don't want to hear any whining about how that's not REAL camping either. It was a life or death situation. We needed a fan! :)























2 comments:
The fan was GENIOUS!! I love that your campsite had a good climbing tree. Do you remember how we would drive around a campground and pick our site largely on its climbing trees? LOL
I love the dirty faces and climbing, catching bugs, and how neat that the kids brought their bug keepers that they made. That Solace looks like a serious driver - look out! :)
Post a Comment