We went to Pedernales and decided we needed a waterproof camera again. The one we had in Dominica lasted until we got to Georgia, but died without warning. This adventure was floating and swimming up and down the river, through the rapids, through the shallows and the deep areas. The kids seriously had the best time. We built little makeshift dams to force the water to go through a narrow area to make it FAST. We found an old rope swing tied in a tree pretty far down river and played there for a while. The memories are visible in my mind, but I wish I could share them with everyone, it was so lovely.
After hours and hours of river adventures, we hiked back up to the car to change and go on another hike, down to a different area. After a medium hike, we got to this point. Breathtaking. When there's lots of rainfall, this is rushing with water. The area can sometimes get flash floods, so there is no swimming allowed in this part, which was understandable, but too bad.
Then Paul took the kids down lower, while I stayed on top to get some pictures. I thought they were just going down and back up, but they stayed down a little while.
Then Lullaby decided her legs didn't work, and Sully passed out... making Paul's job that much harder. Paul got the gold medal in parenting this afternoon. :)
There are several other hikes here, but the kids were tiring, and so were we. Some of the hikes to hidden waterfalls, which looked beautiful from the pictures, were too hard of hikes for little kids. Maybe we'll try them in a few years.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh that picture of Paul with the two passed out kids is hilarious! Do you remember I prided myself in being able to carry both my girls upstairs at the same time until you were in middle school? Those fun memories and millions more are still clear in my mind, but alas no pictures of many of them.
This area is so beautiful. I'm sure the kids had a blast in the river. That pic of Solace asleep in the cuddle pack is too crazy, he's definitely passed out! Poor Paul.
Post a Comment