Friday, January 8, 2010

Grandpa's Chair

While my Dad was here I put him to work. :) Matix found this chair a while ago at a yard sale and fell in love. I was planning on giving it to him for Christmas, but I never finished painting it. It HAD to be repainted because it had these ugly little rose bud looking things all over it... No thank you.
I started painting it, but only got the first two sides of one leg done (yellow and orange polka dots on one and red rectangles on the other). My Mom painted a few of the base colors for me when she was here, which helped, but I still didn't ever get it done. (Thanks, by the way, Mom) Many other people offered to help me too, but I thought I would finish. When my Dad was here (after New Year, and LONG after Christmas)... I decided I should really just let someone else do it. Plus since my Dad is QUITE the artist, it turned out great, and he had fun doing it.

He did this all in a day and a half. Impressive, huh?
Matix really loves it and drags it around everywhere. My Dad, being the teacher and principal for so long, also wanted it to be educational, so he put on 1 bee, 2 balloons, 3 stars, 4 bugs, and 5 pennies... He also added the alphabet and numbers 1-10 on the back. :) I think it is SO cute. Thanks Dad!

2 comments:

Dale, Vanessa, Gavin, Linnaea & Duncan Berg said...

I LOVE that chair! What a great sentimental piece for him, with a little bit done by a few special people. very cute.

The Fredericks said...

i LOVE this chair too= so cute and I want one for Emmy in her room!