One of the fighting Sundays Hawken needed some extra convincing that it really was a good idea to go back to sleep. I was happy to oblige. :) I love this little snuggle bug.
Saturday, January 15, 2011
church time
Our church meetings start at 11am here and goes until 2pm. That time, is pretty much a nightmare. :( Hawken is in the process of switching from 2 naps (9am and 1pm) to only 1 nap. With that said, it's hard for him to make it much past noon before he has a total meltdown. We also usually have lunch at that time. We can't really have lunch before church at 10:30 because they aren't hungry yet, and it's hard to get them to eat lunch at church in between meetings because of all the distractions... The whole way home we are trying to keep the boys awake. Poking them and tickling them and telling them to stay awake. If they fall asleep in the car, then they don't stay asleep once we get home, and they usually don't go back down without a fight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Church can be very hard with naps. Cute picture. Hawken looks perfectly content sleeping with you!
11 o clock church is perfect- unless you have toddlers! Ours is at 10, which fits us perfectly! I'm sure they will adjust, and I'm glad I'm not the only one that pokes and prods my kid to get him to stay awake!
I truly feel your pain! All last year our church was from 1-4pm! Tanner's nap time is 2-4 normally!
We too were poking and tickling Tanner to stay awake. Now our church is 9-12, easier but still hard. Tanner normally sleeps until 8am and eats breakfast at 9. Yikes!
I hope that you can get some sort of schedule down or it will be a long year!
You look incredibly, first of all. Second, I have been thinking about you a ton lately...which isn't completely surprising...I need to email you. Also, I can't even tell you how excited I am that you actually live in the states. Okay, that is all!! :)
Great picture! Tough day!
Hey,just another thought. What about a bag lunch with finger foods they could eat on the way home? It might keep them awake, and kill 2 birds with one stone.
such a sweet pic- again- you are mother of the year. sorry for the rotten time- we have 1 and I like it better than 9 but still find it a bit nightmarish...
Post a Comment