Sunday, January 2, 2011

Jessie's last Dominican adventure

My last adventure in Dominica was hiking back to the hidden hot springs. Liz had showed me where they were before she left, and then I passed it on to Tracy, Monica, and Jacki. This first attempt in, I got lost. It was VERY muddy and not at all how I remembered it. We went back out to the road re-grouped, rinsed the mud off in the river, and tried again.

This time it was a breeze. Just as I remembered it, and no mud. Thank goodness. Tracy carried Matix for me and I carried Hawken. Seeing the starfruit tree on the way in meant we were going the right way. These fruit were HUGE too. YUM! :)

We made it to the hot springs and pools. I love it there!

On the way out Matix kept shouting, "I a jundle boy!" (I'm a jungle boy).
What a fun adventure. I am glad I showed Jacki, Tracy and Monica the secret hot springs. That way they can show it to more people when they leave the island in a few semesters. So fun.

3 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

Yeah, our kids have a pretty fun life, haven't they :)

Agf107 said...

amazing!! wheres is the secret hot springs it looks so beautiful is ti in soufiere ? or were

Mom said...

I treasure my memory of that beautiful, secluded hot spring! The giant boulders made it look just like a hidden grotto. Beautiful! I'm so grateful you took me there.