Monday, January 3, 2011

The Francois' wagon

Our friends, the Francois family, stopped by before we left to give Matix a ride in their wagon. They built it to look like a car, with a working steering wheel and everything. Amazing, huh? Matix pretty much thought this was the coolest thing ever. He loved it.
They were on their way to do their wash in the river, and Matix asked to go with them. I thought he would turn around half way down the road, but he didn't. :) He "helped" them with their laundry and they brought him back when they were finished.
Before they came back, Paul's friend Darshan, came running into the yard and asked if I knew where Matix was. I said he was down by the river with our friends. And he said, "Oh... (out of breath) I thought he had wandered off, or maybe was taken... He is splashing in the river, and I thought I should grab him and run him back..." He was panting from running all the way to the house, worried Matix had been stolen. :) Thanks Darshan.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Is that about the farthest away from home Matix has been without you?

jessie said...

yes. i thought he would get sad and want to come home, but he loved it. :)

Sara said...

your picture with the santa hat and babies in diapers makes me cold. It's probably not cold where you are though--how nice!