Sunday, May 15, 2011

animal lover

No, this is NOT an optical illusion. This dog is over 200 lbs (I wish I had a picture of him standing all the way up, he was huge!) and our fearless Matix went right up to him...
Here's the surprise factor for those of you who only know Hawken as a scardy cat... Hawken went up to the dog too! He pet it, and followed the rules (ask first to pet the dog, hold out your hand to let the dog know you, then pat the dog slowly and gently). Hawken is getting more and more like his brother and turning into quite the animal lover. He is still cautious, but will now ask to pet a dog, rather than just turn and run from it. This is a really good thing because we are bringing Sakina (our dog) back to Miami with us after we pick her up from Paul's parents house where she has been on "vacation" with them for the past 2 years!! We miss her.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love your "Keena"