Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Help needed

We have some friends, the Mays family, who are living in Alabama. Their house was one that was hit by the tornado that went through there a few days ago. Luckily they were all safe, but their house and many of their possessions are ruined or just gone. It was scary reading about what they were going through, and knowing we were too far away to really go there to do anything about it. Their almost three year old son is out of state now and staying with his grandparents while our friends stay back to try to salvage what they can, meet with insurance reps, and figure out what to do next.

Some friends of theirs are letting them stay at their house right now, but they are still in need. You can visit their blog here, read the specifics, and see some of the pictures. Also, they have a fund set up to help them financially to get through this hard time. I know things are hard right now for a lot of us, but if you can donate, please do. Go to this link and give whatever you can, I am sure any amount would be helpful.

They are a really wonderful family, and we wish we could do more. Please keep them in your prayers and send them happy thoughts, especially for their son who is very concerned about his "broken house". Thanks.

2 comments:

The Fredericks said...

wa! i hate this

Mom said...

I've been in 2 tornadoes. Scary! I'll send some money.