Friday, May 6, 2011

homemade

I have been in a creative mood lately, and that means extra baked goods for Paul and Barbara and new toys for the boys. I made these monsters a while ago and I have really been loving my sewing machine. The boys love their monsters even though I tried to make them as ugly as possible. I made them from the scraps from some scrubs Stacy cut into capris when she was here, and a few pieces of felt and buttons. It only took a few minutes for each monster (as you can probably tell), but they have been worth hours and hours of fun. Hooray!
I have also been making matching games using bottle tops, quiet books for church, blocks for building... the list goes on and on. My next endeavor is weighted snakes for some extra sensory input on days we can't go out and run and jump... All my old teacher friends know what I am talking about. :)

4 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

You should totally open an etsy store for those cute little monsters--I bet they would sell great on there!

Mom said...

Cute monsters!! You ought to make some bags like I made for Jolie when she was that age.

Josh and Kelly said...

Those ae so cute! What a creative mama! You will have to post your finished products so some of us less creative folks (ie, me!) can get some ideas!

Melissa said...

Hey - now who's the Martha??? :)